18 July 2013

Living the Dream

I'm kind of at a loss about what to write today. I'm tired and my mind is blah, but I didn't want to go to work in the next little bit without putting something down.

In my endless Google searches, I've learned a lot of things. About writing. About time management. About life. I've discovered forums and blogs (most notably terribleminds, a blog by Chuck Wendig). I've discovered links to free e-books on Amazon. There is a lot of information out there - useless, sometimes - but information nonetheless.

And research.

Oh, the infinite possibilities. There is so much I could write about, so much I want to write about. If only time would allow it (note the time management skills I'm attempting to develop). My dream would be writing full time, of course. Actually being able to sit down and pound out a book or two and having the time to devote to the craft. Of learning to write better and actually being able to do it. I can only imagine how much I'd be able to produce. I could probably calculate it if I had the time and the desire to do it.

But isn't that every writers dream?

Perhaps one day. Unfortunately I'll have to put off the dream for one more day. Work, here I come... still have to pay the bills, or most of them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment